We're proud to partner with over 25 local agencies and 40 programs to address our community's biggest challenges throughout Benton and Franklin Counties. We periodically solicit competitive applications for funding.
Community Impact Grants
Every two years, we solicit applications to partner with us in fighting for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. Grants are awarded competitively to programs that align closely with our strategic priorities to address the local areas of greatest need.
Current funding cycle: 7/2018 - 6/2020
Next funding cycle: 7/2020 - 6/2022
Next request for prospoals will be announced in January 2020.
If funds become available, we will make special off-cycle grants to the community. In early 2017, we awarded $330,000 to local agencies for capital purchases and emerging needs.
Current funding cycle: 3/2017 - 2/2019
Next funding cycle: TBD
Partner Agency Portal
Who can apply?
To be eligible for funding by United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties, agencies must meet all of the following criteria:
- Provides health or human services to people in Benton and/or Franklin County, Washington, USA;
- Registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in good standing with the IRS;
- Registered with the Washington State Secretary of State as a charitable organization;
- Complies annually with the USA PATRIOT Act;
- Does not engage in discrimination because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law in the delivery of services;
- Has an active board of directors that meets with a quorum at least quarterly;
- Prepares financial statements at least quarterly which are reviewed and approved by the board of directors;
- Submits to United Way a financial statement for the 2016 fiscal year or more recent, following the BBB Wise Giving Alliance guidelines for audit reports (Standard #11);
- Files a Form 990 or 990-EZ with the Internal Revenue Service annually if gross receipts exceed $50,000, or files a Form 990-N Electronic Notice (e-Postcard) if gross receipts are at or below $50,000.
Get in touch with us to learn more about becoming a funded partner and to receive updates. Send an email to: